THE COMPANY'S HISTORY
1 July 1892 - Establishment of Friedr. Schrag. In his family home in Hilchenbach, district - Haarhausen, young Friedrich Schrag established a wholesale outlet of household and kitchen equipment
6 July 1892 - Friedrich Schrag entered his company into the register of entrepreneurs at the office in Hilchenbach.
1899 - Purchase of a building plot in Hindenburgstraße at the Hilchenbach railway station and construction of a large warehouse - moving to Hilchenbach.
1938 - Death of the company founder Friedrich Schrag - his son-in-law Karl Goswin became the new manager of the company.
1951 - Construction of our own galvanizing plant.
1962 - On 2 January, Friedrich Goswin joined the company, on 21 December 1964, he replaced his father Karl Goswin at the position of managing director.
1968 - Investment in the first 3m sheet metal bending machine by Fasti. Beginning of specialization in the production of cold-formed sections for industrial construction.
1970 - At the end of the year, the wholesale department was closed.
1976 - Construction of a new hall on the premises of the plant in Mühlenweg Street and investment in the first technological line for cross-cutting, as well as the purchase of a 3m and 6m press brake and a 4m sheet metal bending machine.
1977 - Purchase of the first 8m press brake.
1985 - Establishment of the first Schrag branch on 1 January in Pinneberg near Hamburg
1986 - On 1 January, Jörg Kindermann joined the company. In April, the second Schrag branch was opened in Kirchardt near Heilbronn.
1988 - With the purchase and commissioning of the 10-metre press brake "Emma", another milestone was made towards the creation of a modern and high-performance section production plant.
Establishment of the first foreign company, Szragopol Sp. z o.o. with registered office in Borowo near Gdańsk.
1990 - With the fall of the Berlin Wall, on 1 July 1990, Schrag established the first branch in the new federal states in Leipzig, East Germany. The company currently operates under the name Schrag Bauklempnerei- u. Bedachungsartikel GmbH in Leipzig, with a branch in Dresden.
1992 - Establishment of Schrag Kantprofile GmbH with seat in Krostitz near Leipzig.
1993 - Establishment of the Schrag Cz s.r.o. production plant in Chomutov/Czech Republic and a branch in Dresden.
1994 - With Thomas Goswin, son of Friedrich Goswin, the fourth generation of owners joined the family business. Schrag Bauklempnerei. Bedachungsartikel GmbH established a branch in Chemnitz.
1996 - Relocation and opening of new sales, production and administration premises of Schrag Bauklempnerei-
u. Bedachungsartikel GmbH at Maximilianallee Nr. 12 in Leipzig.
1997 - Major fire at the Hilchenbach site. Despite the enormous effort of nearly 220 firefighters and rescuers, a large part of the production plant and the administration building burnt down.
8 May 1998 - An important day for Friedr. Schrag. Exactly 469 days after the fire, the newly built company buildings were ceremonially handed over for use.
7 July 1999 - Schrag Polska Sp. z o.o. in Warsaw/Poland was established by Thomas Goswin. Tadeusz Zielke became the president of the company.
2002 - On 11 September, Friedrich Goswin resigned of the position of CEO and handed over the running of the company to his son Thomas Goswin. The Schrag Group is currently led by Thomas Goswin and Jörg Kindermann.
2008 - Construction of a production plant in Starogard (in the north of Poland). 1,000 m2 of production are and 200 m2 of office area was created.
In 2008, a new plant was built in Udlice near Chomutov (Czech Rep.). Investments were made in the construction of almost 3,000 m2 of a production hall and in building of an office. The plant was equipped with a new sheet coil uncoiling device, a 9m press brake and other machinery and equipment.
2009 - At the beginning of 2009, the SCHRAG | Façades branch was established.
2013 - Commissioning of the new building of the head office of Schrag Polska in Konstantynów Łódzki.
2014 - Branch of SCHRAG | Metall am Dach opened a branch in Berlin, starting with a wholesale department. A year later, the area of the hall was enlarged to 1,650 m2 and the production of structural profiles was started. The following were purchased: a press brake and a guillotine with the length of 4 m.
2016 - Purchase of a new 9-metre press and 8-metre guillotine for the Hamburg branch.
2017 - The SCHRAG Group consisted of a successful network of interconnected specialist divisions and offered comprehensive solutions for roofs and façades for lightweight steel structures. The SCHRAG Group employed more than 460 people in 17 branches and planned annual sales of around €100 million in 2017.
2019 - With the introduction of rolling technology in the Łódź branch, the company focused on automation. The starting point was the launch of the new profiling system on 10 April 2019. The fully automated profiling machine significantly expanded the production capacity of Schrag Polska. The new production process allowed the production of purlins and transoms with length exceeding 16 metres.
30 June 2021 - That day was a breakthrough for Schrag Polska. From that time, the position of the President of the Management Board of Schrag Polska was held by Mr. Jerzy Mika. We wished him all the best on behalf of the entire Schrag Polska team.